GLO-QUARTZ® infrared radiant heaters are fast responding and a very efficient source of radiant energy. With heat-up capabilities of 45 to 50 seconds and complete cool down in approximately 15 seconds, this is an ideal heating device for use in applications where frequent line stoppage is expected or immediate heat-up and cool down is essential. Infrared quartz heaters are designed for horizontal use only. For a longer operating life and more efficient heating, quartz heating applications should be rated around 35 to 45 watts per linear inch.
- Operating temperature up to 1600°F (870°C)
- Sheath watt densities up to 60 watts per linear inch
- Medium Wave / Medium Intensity
- Infrared wave length at an energy peak of 2.5 to 4.0 microns, when operating at full voltage
- Ceramic caps are bonded to the end of the quartz tubing to provide a rigid support for terminations
- Shrink packaging
- Vulcanizing and curing rubber
- Electrostatic copy equipment
- Fusing processes
- Space heaters
- Drying processes (coatings, textiles, photos and sand core castings).
White cotton gloves should be worn when handling quartz elements. Touching the elements with bare hands can leave oil and dirt from the skin and contaminate the quartz sheath causing hot spots and premature failure.
Quartz heaters must not be operated in the presence of combustible materials, such as vapors, gases or other flammable materials without proper ventilation.